We're the Future?

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Strategy


In May, I'll be heading to France to compete in the annual MBA tournament against some of the other fine business schools in Europe.

Among some of the events that we can compete in: rugby, basketball, rowing, and many others. And yes, CHESS!

This is probably the most demanding and perilous events of the entire tournament. To the winner goes Conquest and Glory for all Eternity...

Okay, maybe not.

But that's what I'm competing in. So I got together with chess event lead, Kapil. He introduced me to the website GameKnot. It's a free chess site and greatly speeds up chess-by-correspondence.

One of the side effects of this has been my renewed interest in the game. Now, it's much more interesting than when my uncle first taught me all the moves when I was very young. My uncle incidently, is rated at the Expert level. He played chess by mail for many years and there a separate Champion for chess-by-mail.

So I'm learning the Ruy Lopez, the King's Gambit, and something called the Hippopotamus Defense (very obscure by chess standards). Anyway, check it out, maybe you'll get hooked too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home