We're the Future?

Sunday, January 08, 2006

The New Year in Madrid


Passing the New Year in Madrid was terrific. We tried to do the traditional Spanish thing and go to Puerta de Sol in the city center but that was not to be. By the time we finished our dinner and walked there is was too crowded. At any rate, we came as close as Gran Via, a stone throw away, and watched the fireworks and ate the grapes as the bells tolled. Although Fabrizio, my classmate on the far right, had already ate his! I doubt that will change anything for the coming year, but I know we both have a hell of a time coming up in the second period of the IMBA at IE.

In this picture we have an interesting mixture of people from all over, again. On the far left Caesar and Shane, friends of mine from San Antonio. In the middle is Giaciamo, a friend of Fabrizio from Italy. And of course I'm in there too.

This was taken BEFORE all the debauchery began. More on that later.

The other thing you can't see in this picture, you're supposed to wear red underwear for the Noche Vieja. I don't know why. I can confirm that I was NOT wearing red underwear but I can not say with ANY certainty about the others, nor did I inquire...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home